Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Welcome, Bloghoppers!

I am so excited to be participating in the bloghop.  Because I know you have lots of blogs to visit, I will keep this post short.

I am very new to the blogging and TpT scene, but am enjoying it greatly.  I hope you will follow me because I have a lot to share.  Remember to sign up for the $75 gift card after visiting and joining all of the blogs in the hop.

If you are looking for a fun project to do with your class at the beginning of the new school year, you should consider my Back-to-School Jungle Safari.  You can help your children become familiar with the faces and places in the school as well as practice appropriate lining up and hallway behavior.  If you're worried about tying the activity into the standards, riddles you read to the students require them to make inferences about where you will go and who you will see on the safari.  While this ties in very well with a jungle theme, you don't have to be learning about the jungle to enjoy the activity.  You can find the product here.


I have a super-fun, "magnify-cent" math freebie for you today. Yes, the title is a pun.  Your students will use magnifying glasses to find tiny equations on picture pages.  They'll then record the equations on an accountability sheet.  Your kiddos will LOVE this.  YOU WILL LOVE IT TOO because it's very easy to prepare.  Once you purchase a couple of magnifying glasses, I hope you will want more sets for your classroom.  You can read more about it and download your copy here. Enjoy!


Now, it's time for you to hop on over to Kinder Cakes with Sarah Redmond.  Thanks again for hoppin by.    

Yours in education,
Mrs. C.




13 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing! I'm your newest follower. :) So glad you have joined the blogging world and are sharing your great ideas with us. Congratulations on being named KCFB Teacher of the Year!!! So deserving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm glad to have you join and look forward to working with you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI I am clicking on your packet but it is not coming up as a freebie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Sorry about that. I fixed it!! Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
    2. This is so cute! I know my class will love it!

      Delete
    3. Good to hear! Thanks for coming back. Sorry about the mix-up with the freebie!!

      Delete
  4. Love your cover for Magnificent Math. The watermelon is darling. :) Thanks for participating in this blog hop.

    Happy Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  5. The idea of a safari at the beginning of the year is SO cute! Thank you for the freebie- this will make a great activity for early finishers!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to hear! Thanks for hoppin' by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have enjoyed all the Hoosier bloggers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much! Adorable freebie and the blog has been so much fun! I am your newest follower and would love for you to come link up your ideas and products in my week long linky! Hope to see you there! :)
    Tracey


    The Teacher’s Chair
    Share the Bloglovin’!

    ReplyDelete