Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Favorite Read Alouds

I LOVE reading aloud to my class!  It is a favorite time of the day for everyone in 2-C!  The Teacher's Chair is having a week long linky and today's theme is favorite read alouds.  So here are a few of my faves...
This book is hilarious!  The kids love hearing it over and over again. They also enjoy reading it to themselves early in the year. :)

I think Margie Palatini is awesome!  All of her books are amazing. But I have to say this is my favorite of the bunch...

Mo Willams is the author of two of my favorites:

Can you tell by now that I enjoy humorous books? Ha!

My Hero is Mem Fox.  Her book Radical Reflections changed my professional life.  Several coworkers and I went to hear her speak years ago.  We sat in the front row and cried we were so thrilled to be seeing/hearing her in person.  So, of course I read all of her books with my class.  These two are tops...



Here are a few favorite chapter book read alouds.

Now I am off to school to work in my classroom.  We start Aug. 9! I'm so ready to meet my new kiddos for the year!  I look forward to seeing the other posts in this link because I'm always looking for the latest, greatest books out there! 

-Mrs. C.




6 comments:

  1. Ahhh...Piggie Pie is one of your favorites, too! I enjoyed going down your list...some were new to me, but a few were also on my list of faves. Best wishes as you get ready for the new school year!
    ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the humor and the connections to other stories!!

      Delete
  2. I've done the BFG and Sideway Stories as read alouds in my class. The kids absolutely love it! :)

    Pam
    Diary of a Second Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I look forward to reading those two every year. When we're finished with one of them I'm sad! Did you know there is a Wayside movie? I got it from Amazon. It combines chapters from all three books with Todd as the main character...too funny! I know there is a BFG movie too but I haven't seen it.

      Delete
  3. Love the BFG, Sideways stories, and Charlotte's Web. I've read them in my class too. I've never heard of Roxie and the Hooligans but it looks cute. Thanks for sharing.\

    ilive2learnilove2grow 

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is cute! Warning...the first chapter makes you wonder; LOL!

    ReplyDelete