Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Hello!

I am a second grade teacher with almost 30 years of experience in the classroom teaching first and second grades. I am also trained in Reading Recovery. I firmly believe happy kids who feel cared about learn the most, so I do my best to provide a fun and loving environment for my students.

I chose teaching as a profession because I wanted a job that would provide daily challenges and surprises. I also wanted a career in which I could continually grow and learn. So far, I haven't been disappointed with my choice! 

I live and grew up in southern Indiana.  My husband and I have five children ranging in age from 25-16.  Now that our nest is nearly empty, I am taking the plunge into the educational blogging world! I have been a stalker forever! :)

About a dozen years ago, I began working for an area education cooperative as a trainer and coach for fellow teachers.  I worked as a presenter at several area and national workshops as well.  I loved sharing my ideas and experiences with others.  I also found that I learned and grew from all of my travels and interactions with other educators. But, God had other plans for me at that time, which leads me to another fact I am happy to share about myself... I am a nine year survivor of recurrent stage IV endometrial cancer. The battle I fought the next two years took everything I had.  But I have been in my second remission for seven years this month. I'm grateful for every day of good health, time with my family, and time for my passion, teaching!

I have just opened a store at TpT.  (Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?) I will be working hard to share my ideas in what I hope will be top-quality products.   Right now I have only posted one set of products, but I hope to get several more posted over the summer.  I currently offer one free product. I will try to offer more soon.  I welcome any and all feedback. :)

I also want to invite you to visit my classroom website.  This was my first year to have a class site so it's very basic.  But since I have been stalking so many others these last several years, the least I can do is share.

Yours in education,
Sherri Caballero (aka Mrs. C.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment