Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Can't Live Without and News


Once again, I am joining the Wednesday Wisdom linky at Primary Possibilities.  This time the topic is "Can't Live Without."  Here's my list:



#1 is my SMARTBoard.  I don't know how I ever taught without this!  This device makes it easy for EVERYONE to see whatever is on display...a lesson, the internet, a movie clip, or a game.  Making activities for my SMARTBoard is easy and the kiddos love to write on it or manipulate pieces.  
#2 is planbook.com.  I LOVE being able to make templates for each day of the week.  Then I plug in my plans.  There is also a drop-down menu for the CCSS so my standards can be listed with every lesson very easily.  The standards can be printed out or I can choose to display the numbers only.  It's very convenient.  I print my plans out for each day and keep them on a clipboard.  Subs have left good comments about all of the details in my plans and have followed them well.  Did I mention that plans are saved from year-to-year so I can refer to last year's plans when working on plans for the upcoming year?

#3 is this awesome pencil sharpener.  It's made by Exacto. I got mine at Office Max it was costly, but it was worth every penny.  We only sharpen pencils in the morning in my classroom, so our sharpener has to be quick, easy-to-use, and dependable. This one is all three...

#4 is this set of mailboxes.  I use mine differently than most people.  My students put their homework in their boxes in the morning and get their morning work out.  This allows me to individualize morning work and tell that everyone has turned in homework at a glance.  My students turn their work folders in when they are finished for the day.  Again I can tell at a glance if anyone still needs to turn in work.  I got these from Really Good Stuff.  I had cheaper ones before but they didn't hold up well; I'm glad I invested in these.

So my news is this...I just got off the phone with my principal.  He told me I have been named the Knox County Farm Bureau Teacher of the Year.  This is my second time to receive this honor and I am thrilled!

Now I'm off to work in my classroom for the day.  I hope everyone is enjoying these last couple of weeks of summer1

Mrs. C.



4 comments:

  1. Yeah!! Congratulations!! You are so deserving of the award!! I am so happy for you!! God is good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend! He is good all the time!

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about the SmartBoard. How did we manage before we had one?! Congratulations on your award! That's awesome!

    Lindsey
    Lovin’ Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't know how I taught 27 years without my SMARTBoard and now I couldn't go one single day without it. I am heading over to check out your blog!

      Delete