Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Magic Trash!

Wow!  I can’t believe school is starting in less than a month.  Although I am never really out of teacher mode, it’s time to get into full-blown back-to-school mode now!

My friends at Primary Possibilities have another wonderful Wednesday Wisdom post about procedures.  I wanted to share a simple and effective tip I use to keep my classroom tidy.  At the end of the day or after a messy project, I tell the students, “I have my eye on a piece (or a couple of pieces) of magic trash.”  Now the kiddos know that the person who picks up and throws away the piece of trash I have my eye on will get a treat or a buccaneer buck.  They also know they can’t talk or the trash loses its magic.  So… they quickly and quietly pick up every little speck of trash.  It works like a charm and they never get tired of it!  If you like a tidy classroom, I strongly recommend letting magic trash work for you.

I can’t wait to read all of the other ideas shared…


Mrs. C.

4 comments:

  1. Hi!! I found your blog through the link up and I'm so glad I did!! I am also a 2nd grade teacher -- but going on my 2nd year!! It is so inspiring to find teachers like you who are 30 years in and still obviously very passionate about teaching! I really like your magic trash idea! I will likely be using that cute little idea this year as I am a stickler for a tidy room. Thanks for the great idea!!

    That's So Second Grade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am always glad to learn from new and energetic teachers like you. I will be following you on your blog! :)

      Delete
  2. So glad you linked up!! Love Magic Trash!!

    ReplyDelete