Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Guided Math Conferences Book Study Starting Soon!

I am so excited to back to the blogging world after a VERY BUSY spring and two weeks of teaching summer school.  I promise to be a better blogger over the summer!

I love, love, love teaching math.  My corporation uses the Saxon Math series. Even though it is very scripted, I still have math stations and small group instruction.  I feel like the final piece to this puzzle is adding math conferences into our Math Block. So, I am going to be participating in a book study about Guided Math Conferences. 
You can click on the picture to grab a copy of the book at TpT so you can earn bonus points with your purchase.

Our book study starts June 19th and continues until July 22nd. Make sure you're following all of the blog hosts so you don't miss out on any of the chapters!

Chapter 1 - Conferring with Young Mathematicians

Thinking of Teaching

Chapter 2 - The Value of Guided Math Conferences
All Things Apple in 2nd

Chapter 3 - The Structure of Guided Math Conferences

joyin6th Homepage

Chapter 4 - Types of Guided Math Conferences

Teaching with a Touch of
Twang

Photobucket

Chapter 5 - Implementing Conferences

DillyDabbles

Chapter 6 - Managing Conferences to Promote the Success of Young Mathematicians
Second Thoughts with Mrs. C

Chapter 7 - Guidelines for Effective Conferences 


In addition to this book study, I plan to share my ideas for organizing and utilizing math stations in the classroom.  Thanks in advance to everyone who plans to follow along!

0 comments:

Post a Comment