Pages

Friday, June 27, 2014

Five for Friday and a Freebie!

Happy Friday!  We had a gorgeous week here in Southern Indiana. 
I'm linking up for another Five for Friday...
iRubric.  Do you?
At my school, we still do letter grades.  I am passionate about differentiation. Coming up with percentages and fair grades is difficult.  I have found a way to make rubrics work for this.  
I complete a reading rubric each week for each student.  The writing/language rubric is done every 2-3 weeks.  Math and spelling rubrics are filled out at the end of each quarter.  I've been using these forms (or similar ones) for YEARS now. They work well for me.  If you would like to get a closer look, click on the picture for a dropbox link.

I would love to know how others do letter grades with their students.
I am so excited to have finally purchased a laminator for home. While I've been too busy to try it out yet, I know it will come in handy.  The one I purchased was based on a recommendation I read on a blog (but I can't remember which blog).  It's on sale right now too!  The list price is $229.95.  I got mine for $99.95 with free shipping. Click on the pic if you want to check it out.
Guess what else I got!  For my birthday, I bought an Erin Condren planner. (I told my husband I LOVE the present he bought me... he,he!) 
It's soooo much prettier in real-life than in the pic from her site. For the past few years I've been doing my plans through planbook.com. It was handy, but I was ready for a change. Every time I look at it, I smile! Sad, isn't it? 
On Thursday, I had to pick something up at my daughter's high school.  It sits on a hill in the country.  I was struck by how lucky my kids have been to go to a school in such a beautiful location. I took a picture to share with you. Here is the view:
Is that not gorgeous?  You can literally see green for MILES! It looks beautiful during the fall and winter too.   

So, I have a freebie to share.  I blogged about Gator Gumbo back in March.  It's one of my favorites.  I have a readers' theater script to share with you.  Click on the cover for the link. I hope you'll check it out this terrific book and find the script helpful.

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the reading rubric! What a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! What do you use for assessment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the freebie! Oh that view is just gorgeous. :) I am your newest follower! :) Love your rubrics, too. I teach kindergarten, but we do have a writing rubric. We need to redo our report card SO badly. It is so out of date. Have a great weekend!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to hear someone else has an out of date report card! Thanks for following! I am glad to hear from you. :)

      Delete
  4. Definitely not sad. I love a new teacher planner or notebook - so many possibilities!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the freebie...what a cute book! I have been looking into using more rubrics with my students. It is always good to see what is working for others.

    Terri Izatt
    KinderKapers

    ReplyDelete