Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

We ARRRG Going Strong!!

Hello!

I hope all of you in school have gotten off to a great start for the 2013-14 year. For those of you not yet in session, I hope your preparations are coming along well!

Can you believe how busy those last few weeks before/first few weeks of school are?  All of those "one time things" sure take a lot of time!!

We started Aug. 9 and have just completed our first full week.  I have to say I have another fantastic set of kiddos to work with this year.  I find it soooo fun getting to know their individual personalities and figuring out what makes each child tick!

I have a pirate-themed classroom decor and will be doing several pirate-themed lessons during these first few weeks.  Here are some pictures of a couple of projects we completed this week:



After reading Pirate School, the boys and girls showed how the main character, Pete, changed from the beginning of the story to the end.  



Here are two examples of a pirate glyph we completed.  On Monday, we are going to collect and analyze the data from these glyphs.  Both of these projects are adaptations/combinations of things I purchased on TpT; sorry I can't share the patterns. I got the ideas here and here.

As, I am SURE you know this weekend is the BIG BTS Sale at TpT. I am excited to offer an unlimited bundle of my "Magnify-cent" Math activities.  My students loooooove these activities and I know yours will too.  I just purchased several adorable clip art sets to use to make more products for the bundle. You can check the bundle out here.  Whatever, you decide to purchase this weekend, have fun shopping with all of the amazing deals available.

Yours in education,
Mrs. C.

0 comments:

Post a Comment