Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Classroom Tour

I finished decorating my classroom JUST IN TIME! Tomorrow is our Meet Your Teacher Night.  I can't wait to see my new students and their parents; I know we're going to have an amazing year!  So let me share some pics for our room...

First, here's our door and the view from the hallway. (Sorry about the date stamp.  I put fresh batteries in my camera and forgot to reset the date.)

This is the view from the doorway.
Here is the entry area of our room.
This board says, "Treasured Work." The table to the left is our Creation Station learning center.
Sorry this is fuzzy.  Here are our mailboxes and small group table which are located near the entryway.
I never sit at my desk but I keep all of my teaching materials in this area.
This is the door to one of my two awesome closets. Have a peek...    
Here is my library.
The focus wall...
Math tub area...
The Pirate Cove is our puzzles and game center but the kids go their during SSR too.

Our classroom aide works with kids here.
This is our back wall.

Our meeting area.

The pirate-themed number line is available at my TpT store.  I love it!

Here's the front of the room.


The tent is our listening area.  That's it!  Thanks for taking a look at our room.  I am sure enjoying checking out all of the other rooms being posted.  Everyone have a great year!

See more classrooms at Bits of First Grade's linky tour or Swimming Into Second's linky.




Mrs. C.


19 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...your room is huge. LOL...and you have a closet...so jealous!

    Love your room! Hope you have a great year!

    Tina
    Flamingos and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking a tour. Yes, it is a HUGE room. I love its size! Hope your year is great too!

      Delete
  2. Cute Classroom. The pirate theme turned out great. Your room looks great!

    Sue
    The Very Busy Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room is so cute! I love all the pirate stuff. Great job and thanks for linking up at A Class*y Collaboration.
    Beth
    Thinking of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Gosh! Your room is HUGE! I love how bright & cheery it is! I'd love to be student in your room!
    Thanks for giving us a tour of your room!

    Brenda
    Primary Inspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It is a HUGE room and I love every inch of it. I hope you have a terrific year.

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness! Your classroom looks huge! What a fun theme. The palm tree and beach chairs are great and can I just say how jealous I am of your closets?!! Your kiddos are going to have so much fun in there! Have a great year and thank you so much for linking up!!
    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the tour. I appreciate the kind words. Have a terrific year!!

      Delete
  6. Your room looks really good, I wish that I could decorate with more freedom. I try to make it look cute and inviting but due to our states fire codes, we are not allowed to hang anything from the tiles in the ceiling, put anything on the doors and only 30% of the walls can be covered. It really makes it a challenge to do anything. I hope you have a great year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I bet that it is a challenge to only be able to decorate 30% of the wall. That's where you get to/have to be creative. :) Have a wonderful year.

      Delete
  7. Your room is so cute! Your students are going to love it. I really like the pencils for your "writing process". Where did you find them? Have a great year.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope they love it. I think I got the pencil pocket chart from Carson-Dellosa. Have a terrific year!!

      Delete
  8. Amazing, as always!! I LOVE the theme!! Your students "arrrrrgh" going to love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Pirates Cove! your room is soooo cute! Thanks for linking up!!
    Brigid

    Bits of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a terrific school year!

      Delete
  10. Love the pirate theme and I'm so jealous of your 2 closets! Thanks for linking up!

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete